Tequila and lime not only make amazing margaritas, but they season chicken beautifully for some amazing tacos. Sip on your perfectly paired cocktail while you enjoy these tacos.
- 1/2 Cup tequila
- 4 limes - juiced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeños: 1 finely chopped and 1 sliced, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt tot taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 Cup cotija cheese
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large baking dish, whisk together tequila, lime juice, garlic, and chopped jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and marinate in the fridge at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- In a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken until golden and no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve in tortillas with avocado, cabbage, sliced jalapeño, and cotija, and squeeze with lime.