By Kim at insanelygoodrecipes.com
A deliciously cheesy Mexican-Italian hybrid, taco lasagna is sure to tantalize the tastebuds of everyone who tries it. Layers of ground meat and ooey-gooey cheese, seasoned with a unique twist of Mexican flavors all baked together in one casserole dish. Yum!
• 1 cup sliced green onion.
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 4 cloves garlic, minced.
• 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese.
• ½ cup water
• Cooking spray
• 18 corn tortillas
• 2 packets taco seasoning mix.
• 1 jar salsa
• 1 sour cream
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Grab a large deep skillet and cook the beef on medium-high for 10–15 minutes.
• Once the beef is evenly browned, drain the excess fluids.
• Add the taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic, and cayenne.
• Add the water, drop the heat to low, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
• Spray the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
• Put 6 tortillas in the baking dish and spread a third of the salsa on top.
• Then, spread half of the meat mixture on top of the salsa layer.
• Add half of the green onions and half of the sour cream.
• Add half of both kinds of cheese and repeat the previous steps for the next layer.
• Add six tortillas on top as the finishing layer, add the remaining salsa, and sprinkle more cheese on top.
• Bake it for 30-45 minutes, until the cheesy layer gets that golden brown color.
• Serve it with sour cream or guacamole.