Tacos and fries - two of the world’s best comfort foods. Now, what if we said you should combine the flavor of tacos with the crispy delight of fries for a quick and scrumptious meal? You might think is this some sort of sexy food fantasy, and you’d be correct. Let’s do this.
The best part? We're keeping things super simple by using store-bought frozen fries. So, kick off your shoes, and warm up the TV and let's whip up some Taco Fries!
Taco Fries: Your Night-In Necessity
- 1 bag of your favorite store-bought frozen fries
- 1 lb ground beef or shredded chicken (your preference)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or make your own mix with cumin, paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onions
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeños (optional, for those who like a kick)
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Bake the Fries: Begin by following the instructions on your bag of frozen fries. Spread them out on a cookie sheet and bake until they're golden and crispy.
- Taco Time: While your fries are baking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add your choice of meat and cook until browned. Drain any excess fat and then stir in the taco seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is well-mixed and aromatic.
- Assembly: Once your fries are done, don't turn off that oven! Distribute your taco meat evenly over the fries. Next, sprinkle with a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Melt and Serve: Pop the cookie sheet back into the oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Once out, top with diced tomatoes, red onions, and jalapeños. Drizzle with sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side. Squeeze a bit of lime over the top for an added zesty kick!
For the next night in of binge watching, remember this recipe. Happy munching!
What should you binge watch? More at TheWrap.com (use this link https://www.thewrap.com/binge-worthy-shows-to-watch/ )
Need a margarita to go with these Taco Fries? We suggest this easy Pineapple Margarita (use this link https://tacotuesday.com/summer-vibes-require-pineapple-margaritas-the-ultimate-easy-recipe/ )