This Slow Cooker Corned Beef Tacos recipe is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the week! Made from shredded corned beef piled onto flour tortillas and topped with sauerkraut and sour cream.
For the corned beef
• 3 small onions, quartered.
• 3 pounds corned beef brisket.
• 1 spice packet (it usually comes with the corned beef)
• 4 cups beef broth (or water)
For the tacos
• 16 soft-taco-size flour tortillas
• 1 cup sauerkraut (I love the spicy variety!)
• 1 cup sour cream
• ½ cup chopped parsley.
• Place the quartered onions in a large slow cooker.
• Add the corned beef brisket, spice packet and beef broth.
• Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low until brisket is tender.
• Remove brisket from the slow cooker and transfer to a plate or cutting board.
• Shred the brisket using a knife and fork.
• Add the shredded beef back into the slow cooker and mix together with the broth.
• Serve corned beef in flour tortillas with sauerkraut, sour cream and chopped parsley.