- 1/2 pound fresh raw shrimp - peeled, deveined
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Melissa's New Mexico Hatch Peppers - roasted, peeled, diced
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- 16 large jalapeño peppers
- Prepare a hot grill and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and season with salt and pepper. Grill until opaque, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the shrimp and repeat. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- When cooled, chop the shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, Hatch Peppers and cheese until well mixed.
- Make an incision lengthwise in each jalapeno and carefully remove the seeds and veins.
- Carefully fill each pepper with the shrimp mixture.
- Place the peppers on a lightly oiled baking sheet (I use cooking spray). Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the jalapeno peppers begin to get tender. Serve hot.
It is a good idea to wear disposable gloves when working with chile peppers. More information visit Melissas.com