Creepy and delicious, the perfect spooky season dessert.
- 2 packages ready-made pie crust
- 1 ½ cups deep red Cactus Pears, small dice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- While oven is preheating, trace your hand with a toothpick and cut out four hands from pie crust and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush beaten egg over edges and fingers of one dough hand. Spoon half of pie filling (diced cactus fruit tossed with sugar) in center of one hand.
- Top with second dough hand, pressing edges of hands together with a fork. Use a paring knife to create knuckle and fingernail details as desired. Make it look as realistic as you can handle, then brush surface with lightly beaten egg. Repeat for second hand.
- Bake until golden brown, about 16 to 18 minutes. Note that filling may ooze slightly — the more blood effect the better. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before serving. Chop in half and serve.
Find more creepy Melissas Produce Recipes here
Explore our Fresh Melissas Produce Recipes