These will be the best chicken tacos you've ever eaten.
• 1 whole chicken, stewed, skinned boned, and shredded (about 3 1/2 cups)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion diced
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 - 15 1/2 ounce cans black beans, drained
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/2 cup salsa verde
• 1/2 cup light sour cream
• 3/4 cup shredded cheese
• 1/2 cup cilantro for garnish and flavor
• 16 small corn tortillas
- Stew chicken. Or, if you want to save time, just buy a rotisserie and shred it.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the avocado crema first to allow flavors to blend
• 2 large avocados
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 1/2 tsp. garlic granules or powder
• Juice from one fresh lime
- Add avocado cut into chunks, sour cream, garlic, and lime juice to taste in a food processor until mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate while you prepare quesadillas.
- If you have cooked the chicken, let it chicken cool and then skin, bone, and shred it. Set chicken aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute' onions and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, black beans, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salsa verde (Merritt used a mild salsa verde for this recipe, though you could certainly go for more heat if you choose) and stir mixture together.
Make your Tacos
- Wrap the corn tortillas in (8 at a time) in a damp paper towel on a plate and microwave them for 30 seconds. Use a pastry brush to lightly spread olive oil on one side of the tortillas. Place oiled side face down on a cookie sheet.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of chicken mixture on one half of each tortilla. and top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold tortillas in half and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes - 5 minutes on each side - or until the tortilla browns and gets crispy.
- Remove tacos from the baking sheet to a serving plate. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with salsa verde and avocado crema.
- This recipe makes 16 Crispy Chicken Tacos and they are going to knock your taste buds off.
Read More: How to Make the Best Chicken Tacos Ever