By Modern Honey
These Chipotle Chicken Tacos check all of those boxes. You can whip these up in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. No long list of crazy ingredients is needed.
• 1 ½ lbs Chicken Breast - cut into small pieces
• 2 teaspoons Chipotle Chile Powder
• 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
• ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 3 to 4 Tablespoons Oil
• 8 small Corn or Flour Tortillas
• 2 cups Grated Cheese *
• Cilantro - chopped
• ½ Jalapeno - diced
• Red Onion - finely diced
- Start by cutting the chicken into small bite-size pieces. Place in a bowl and toss with chipotle chile powder, taco seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Once the oil is heated, add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Add more oil if needed. For extra flavor, add more taco seasoning, if so desired. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and leave any remaining oil. Place tortillas in the skillet and sprinkle cheese into the center of each tortilla. If you want the tortillas to be slightly crispy, drizzle more oil in the pan. Top with chicken. Heat until cheese is melted and fold over.
- For the topping, stir together chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapeno, or make homemade guacamole, salsa, or cilantro jalapeno dip. Serve with homemade salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. Carefully open the tacos and sprinkle or drizzle the topping inside the taco.
Read More About This Recipe Here>>