By ANGIE & LAURA @ SavoredSips.com
Looking for a fun green drink to serve at your St. Patrick’s Day party? This Irish Whiskey Margarita is perfect. Just like St. Patrick’s Day is a uniquely American take on an Irish holiday, so is this margarita a uniquely American take on an Irish Whiskey cocktail.
• 2 ounces Irish whiskey
• 1 ounce lime juice, juice from 1 lime
• ½ ounce orange flavored liquor, such as triple sec or Cointreau
• ½ ounce agave syrup
• 3 drops green food coloring
• 1/2 cup ice
• Salt or sugar for the rim
• Lime wedge for garnish
• Combine the whiskey, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave syrup and food coloring with the ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously to chill.
• Optional: Wet the rim of the margarita glasses and roll in salt or sugar.
• Pour the cocktail into the glass. Garnish with lime wedge