This easy Taco Salsa recipe is made with fresh vegetables and spices that are pulsed in a blender and cooked in a hot pan to make an authentic Mexican street taco sauce. With hints of smoky, spicy flavor complemented by fresh lime and cilantro, it's the perfect cooked salsa for tacos, burritos, or chips and dip. It's a true restaurant-style salsa that you'll love every time!
• 6 Roma tomatoes cut in half.
• 1 red bell pepper cut into large chunks.
• 2 jalapeños tops removed.
• ½ medium red onion cut into large chunks
• 1 tablespoon garlic minced.
• 2 guajillo chiles dried (or substitute with dried ancho chiles)
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoon lime juice
• ¼ cup cilantro chopped
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• Add tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeños, red onion, garlic, guajillo chiles, and chili powder to blender.
• Blend until smooth.
• In a deep pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot.
• Pour in salsa and cook for 8-10 minutes, until salsa has reduced, thickened slightly, and deepened in color. Careful - salsa will splatter and pop.
• Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
• Once cool, stir in lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
• Serve on tacos, burritos, Mexican bowls, or with chips.