Birria is a delicious and popular Mexican dish that is made with beef, spices, and a rich broth. It is often served in tacos, but it can also be enjoyed as a stew or soup. Birria can be made in a variety of ways, but one of the easiest and most convenient methods is to use a slow cooker.
To make easy slow cooker birria tacos, you will need the following ingredients:
• 1 (3-pound) chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 onion, chopped
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
• 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
• ½ cup chopped cilantro
• In a slow cooker, combine the chuck roast, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
• Pour the beer, beef broth, and tomato sauce over the meat.
• Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling apart.
• Shred the meat with two forks.
• Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker and stir in the cilantro.
• Serve the birria in tacos with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
Here are some tips for making easy slow cooker birria tacos:
• Use a good quality beef broth for the best flavor.
• If you don't have beer, you can substitute beef broth or water.
• You can also add other vegetables to the slow cooker, such as carrots, potatoes, or poblano peppers.
• Serve the birria with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
With these tips, you can easily make delicious and easy slow cooker birria tacos at home. So gather your friends and family, get creative, and enjoy!