by Tieghan @ Half-Baked Harvest
These tacos are delicious, fun, unique, and different.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, beef, or turkey
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- 1-2 jalapeños, sliced
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup salsa Verde
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- US Customary – Metric
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the meat and onion. Cook, breaking up the meat as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chipotle chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Add the enchilada sauce. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly around the meat, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To make the avocado sauce. Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until creamy. Season with salt.
- To make the tacos. Layer the meat and a sprinkle of cheese to one side of the tortilla. Try not to over stuff the tacos. Fold the tortilla over the ingredients. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Arrange 2-3 jalapeño slices in a line in the skillet. Sprinkle over 1/3 cup cheese in 3–4-inch circle/square. Place 1 taco to 1 side of the cheese round. Cook 3-5 minutes. When the cheese starts to crisp on the bottom, use a spatula to gently wrap the taco up in the cheese. Continue to cook 3-4 minutes, until crisped all over.
- Serve warm with avocado sauce and any number of desired toppings, whatever you love!
See Full Recipe Here>>