The perfect addition to your Taco Tuesday.
- 4 ears sweet red corn or yellow corn, husked and roasted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large organic tomato (use red tomatoes), chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and deveined (optional)
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red Fresno pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- In medium bowl, combine roasted corn and remaining ingredients. (Salsa can be made 1 day ahead.)
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
- Corn Roasting Methods
- In the Oven:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Brush corn with olive oil.
- Place ears of corn on a baking sheet. Roast 15-20 minutes until ears start to turn a light golden brown.
- On the Grill:
- Place ears of corn directly on grill. (Olive oil is not needed.)
- Grill corn until corn turns a bright yellow with some of the kernels turning black from the grilling process. (About 10-15 minutes on a hot grill.)
Find more delicious Melissa's Produce Recipes Here