If you are like us, Guacamole is must have every day of the week, but on Taco Tuesday it is an absolute necessity. When Spanish conquistadors tasted the original guacamole invented by the Aztecs, the Spanish words for “perfection” was already taken. They settled for “guacamole” because it sounded like aguacate, the Spanish word for avocado, and ahuacamolli, the Aztec name for guacamole.
This classic guacamole is delicious and very easy to make. The trick is to have ripe avocados and fresh add ins.
• 2 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
• 2 medium jalapeños, finely chopped
• 1 small tomato finely chopped tomato (optional)
• ½ chopped medium onion
• 1 finely chopped clove garlic
• 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Dash pepper