By Tania @ cookingformysoul.com
These chorizo and egg breakfast tacos are packed with so much flavor. Delicious Mexican chorizo, soft scrambled eggs, and lots of toppings on a warm flour tortilla. So good and easy to make!
- ¼ cup diced white onions
- 12 ounces ground Mexican chorizo (raw) - removed from casings if needed
- Olive oil, for pan - for pan
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 soft flour tortillas - taco size
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced white onions
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Lime wedges
- Diced jalapeños - optional
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the ¼ cup of diced onions and cook until slightly browned. Add the chorizo and cook until browned and fully cooked through, breaking it apart with a spatula. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with heavy cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the ¼ cup of shredded cheese and combine.
- Wipe skillet clean. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over LOW heat (important: soft scrambled eggs should be cooked over low heat). Add the egg mixture. When the edges start to set, swipe a rubber spatula across the skillet, creating large soft curds (the uncooked parts will flood to the center and cook). Repeat a few times each time it sets a bit, until soft and fluffy. Note: They will continue cooking from residual heat.
- Warm up the tortillas: Arrange tortillas on a plate in one single layer (slightly overlapping) and microwave for 30-60 seconds until warm. Note: If using corn tortillas, place a damp paper towel on top, and microwave.
To assemble the tacos, place some cooked chorizo and scrambled eggs on the tortillas, and add the toppings. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Learn more about this recipe here >>