These tacos may be basic, but they are delicious and so easy to make. Pair them with your favorite sides and a classic margarita and you have the perfect Taco Tuesday meal.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 lbs. flank steak
- 1 diced large white onion, divided
- 3 fresh limes
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 16 mini corn tortillas
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the steak into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and sauté until the meat starts to brown.
- Add half of the onion to the skillet and sauté with the beef until the onions start to soften and become translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of two limes over the steak and onions. Continue cooking until the steak is cooked through and the onions have browned.
- Using your stovetop, place each tortilla directly on the heat source until the tortillas become warm and pliable, about 10 secs. Stack tortillas and cover with a paper towel to keep warm.
- To prepare a taco, take two tortillas, and spoon 2 tablespoons of the steak/onion mixture into the center. Top steak with a sprinkling of diced raw onion, fresh chopped cilantro, and a lime wedge for extra lime juice.