Tacos aren't just for lunch or dinner anymore; breakfast is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite food!
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2" pieces
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 4 oz. fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 Soft taco flour tortillas (corn tortillas can be used if preferred)
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar
- Your favorite hot sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sliced avocado
- Pickled onions
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with 1" of cold water. Season water with kosher salt and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chorizo and onion cook, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is cooked through, and onions are translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Move chorizo and onion to the edges of your skillet and add another tablespoon of oil. Add drained potatoes to the center of the skillet and spread out in an even layer. Let cook undisturbed until undersides of potatoes begin to turn brown and crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir potatoes into chorizo and turn off heat.
- Make your eggs - in a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter and pour eggs and let set slightly, then reduce heat to medium-low. Drag the eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon to create curds. When the eggs are cooked to your liking, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Build your tacos - lightly toast each of your tortillas over an open flame or in a large dry skillet. Divide cheddar evenly between tortillas, then top with a scoop of chorizo and potatoes and a scoop of eggs. Serve with your choice of toppings.