Tart and sweet blood oranges are a nice alternative to the traditional lime margarita. The addition of kiwi fruit adds tropical flavor.
Ingredients - Serves 2
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup (optional if you like sweet margaritas)
- 1 cup ice
- For salted rim-1 teaspoon salt, orange zest, lime zest
- Garnish-sliced blood oranges, sliced kiwi or lime wedges
- combine triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and agave in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup ice. Shake well to combine.
- combine salt, orange zest, and lemon zest on a small plate. Wet rims of glasses with lime wedge and then place glass rim down into zesty salt mixture.
- fill rimmed cocktail glasses with remaining ice and pour margarita from cocktail shaker into glass. Top with blood orange slice and kiwi wedge and enjoy!