The classic lime margarita has its own timeless charm, fruit-infused variations bring a whole new dimension to this beloved drink. One such variation that's been garnering attention lately is the mango margarita. Fresh, vibrant, and exuding tropical flair, this mango margarita doesn't require a blender or complicated ingredients. Instead, we're keeping it simple with tequila, lime, lemon, and, of course, ripe mango.
A Symphony of Flavors
Mango: Adds natural sweetness and a tropical touch.
Tequila: The soul of any margarita. Opt for a quality brand to elevate your cocktail.
Lime & Lemon: These citrus fruits add the required tanginess that perfectly balances the sweetness of the mango.
The Recipe: Non-Blended Mango Margarita
For the Mango Puree:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- For the Margarita:
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz mango puree
- Ice cubes
- Lime or lemon wedges, for garnish
- Salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- Prepare the Mango Puree:
- Take the peeled and diced mango and mash it with a fork or masher until it becomes a puree. You can also use a food processor for a smoother texture, but for this non-blended version, a slightly chunkier puree adds character.
Rim the Glass (Optional):
- Take a lime or lemon wedge and rub it around the rim of your glass.
- Dip the rim into a plate of salt, making sure it adheres well.
Make the Margarita:
- In a shaker, combine the tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, and mango puree.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker.
- Shake well for about 15-20 seconds to combine all the ingredients.
- Fill your rimmed glass with ice cubes.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime or lemon wedge.
It's a cocktail that brings a burst of tropical sunshine.
Find more Margarita Recipes Here