In the ever-evolving world of culinary delights, tacos have cemented themselves as a versatile and beloved dish. Traditionally filled with meats and cheeses, tacos have undergone a renaissance of sorts. The surge in plant-based eating has paved the way for an assortment of creative fillings. Among them, roasted cauliflower stands tall. Combining the tender, nutty flavors of cauliflower with the vibrancy of Mexican spices, Roasted Cauliflower Tacos are a delicious and healthful alternative to your conventional taco. In this article, we’ll explore a scrumptious recipe that’s sure to make your Taco Tuesday (or any day!) a fiesta of flavors.
For Roasted Cauliflower:
• 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• Salt to taste
For the Avocado Lime Crema:
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
• Salt to taste
• Corn or flour tortillas
• Fresh cilantro leaves
• Sliced radishes
• Sliced jalapenos
• Lime wedges
• Crumbled feta or cotija cheese (optional)
• Preheat the Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C). This will ensure that the cauliflower roasts to perfection.
• Season the Cauliflower: In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, and salt until well coated.
• Roast the Cauliflower: Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown.
• Prepare the Avocado Lime Crema: While the cauliflower is roasting, add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
• Warm the Tortillas: On the stovetop, heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Warm the corn tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side, or until they are slightly crispy and golden. Alternatively, you can warm them in the microwave by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving for 30 seconds.
• Assemble the Tacos: To assemble, spread a generous spoonful of the Avocado Lime Crema on a tortilla. Top with roasted cauliflower, followed by cilantro, radishes, jalapenos, and cheese if using.
• Serve and Enjoy: Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.
These Roasted Cauliflower Tacos are not just a treat for your taste buds but also a nourishing meal packed with flavors and textures. Whether you’re a vegetarian, trying to include more plant-based meals in your diet, or just looking for a new taco recipe to try, these cauliflower tacos are sure to be a hit.