By Holistic Foodie
These Instant Pot carnitas couldn't be tastier or easier to make. If you plan it out, it could even be a weeknight dinner as it comes together in about an hour. Or make it ahead of time and keep it in the freezer or fridge for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
- 3.5 lb Pork Shoulder boneless, cubed (optional)
- 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Jalapeño de-seeded, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Cut the pork shoulder into cubes and press the sauté mode on the Instant Pot. In batches, sear the pork on all sides until lightly browned. Once all the pieces are done, turn off the sear function and add the pork back into the Instant Pot.
- Add the seasonings (salt, oregano, cumin and smoked paprika). Toss to combine and then add the diced jalapeño, garlic, orange juice and lime juice. Toss again and ensure everything is nicely coated. Place the lid on and turn the vent to "sealing." Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. You can skim some of the fat from the top if you wish, but there is a lot of flavors there, so I didn't.
- If making these into carnitas, turn the broil function on for your oven. Working in batches, add the pork to a pan and toss with 2 tbsp of the juice from the Instant Pot. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove, toss with more juice (about 2 tbsp) and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and serve with tacos and whichever toppings you wish.
See the full recipe here>>