The beautiful, yet simple margarita is made with fresh blood oranges, limes, agave nectar and tequila. Blood oranges have a stronger flavor than traditional oranges, the aroma is more intense and has a hint of raspberry.
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice (typically 1 large blood orange)
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Glass preparation
- Sea salt to rim glass
- Lime wedges or blood orange wedges to garnish
- Run a wedge of lime around the top of your glass and dip into salt, then add ice to glass.
- Mix tequila, freshly squeezed blood orange and lime juice and agave nectar in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until frothy.
- Strain the mixture into your prepared glass