These salmon tacos are everything you could ever want tacos to be. The blackening seasoning brings so much flavor and texture to the salmon and takes it to a whole new taco level.
Ingredients For the blackened salmon
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 6-7oz. pieces salmon, pin bones removed, skin-on
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime cut into small wedges
- Salmon: In a small bowl combine the spices.
- Put the mixture on a plate or other flat surface and coat the portions of salmon, 1 at a time, on the flesh side only.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the salmon flesh side down.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy.
- Once the salmon has slightly cooled, peel the skin away with a fork and shred into large chunks.
- To assemble: Char the tortillas on the stove-top (gas stoves only) until the edges are lightly burnt.
- Fill each tortilla with lettuce, tomato, onion, about 1/2 of each salmon fillet, a sprinkle of cilantro, a drizzle of fresh lime and a drizzle of sour-cream.