Spicy Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Take your tacos to a whole new level with avocado and cilantro cream sauce. The chicken and avocado complement each other perfectly but the flavor-packed cilantro lime sauce is the perfect addition. It’s creamy, zesty and makes a delicious partner for the chicken and avocado.
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- squeeze of lime
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Create Your Tacos
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6-8 small tortillas corn or flour
- Chop 2-3 medium chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, chili, cumin, onion powder, and salt. Add in chicken and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat for 1 minute. Add the olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until charred and cooked through, 8-12 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime.
- For the sauce add the sour cream, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt & pepper to blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until creamy.
- Char tortillas on stove-top if desired. Add some of the chicken to the warmed tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro sauce.