Pico de Gallo - Ripe tomatoes are key to a great pico de gallo. Roma tomatoes are ideal because they have less water.
Let your pico rest for 15 to 30 minutes before serving, the more the flavors mingle the tastier it will be.
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
• 2 small, minced garlic cloves
• 3 large ripe tomatoes - peeled and chopped
• 2 jalapeño peppers chopped
• 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped onion, minced garlic cloves, jalapeño, lime juice and salt. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes while you chop the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste, and add more salt and pepper to taste
Note this lasts for about 4 days
Salsa Verde is so easy to make. You will never want to buy it in a store after tasting a homemade batch of this salsa. To make salsa verde, you will need to cook the tomatillos first then mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender. This salsa tastes great with every kind of taco.
• 1 1/2 lbs. tomatillos
• 1/2 cup chopped white onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
• 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 2 Jalapeño peppers (if you like it hot use serrano’s)
• Salt to taste
- To cook the tomatillos, roast them in the oven, it brings out the most flavor. Roast until slightly browned and blistered skin appears.
- Add all ingredients in your food processor or blender and pulse until mixed well
- Salt to taste
This delicious and spicy habanero hot sauce is made with 5 simple ingredients: onion, garlic, lime, habanero peppers, and salt! It’s creamy and spicy and adds great heat to your Taco Tuesday.
• 6 whole habanero peppers (remove seeds and stem)
• 2/3 cup yellow onion (diced)
• 8 cloves garlic (smashed and peeled)
• 3 Tbsp lime juice
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 3 to 4 tbsp water
- Add peppers, onion, garlic, lime juice, and salt to a food processor (or blender) and blend until velvety and smooth.
- Add water as needed until creamy and smooth
How to Make Delicious Salsa: This salsa is colorful and fresh tasting. The recipe makes a big batch so don't forget the tortilla chips!
- 1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 11oz. can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, diced
- Mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, fold avocado into the mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, putting it right on top of salsa; chill at least 2 hours.