Fresh Mango Salsa is a tropical twist on the traditional salsa. It’s a delightful mix of sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors that can elevate any dish. Perfect as a dip for tortilla chips or as a topping for grilled chicken or fish, this salsa is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeds removed and finely diced (adjust to your heat preference)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Optional: 1 red bell pepper, diced, for added color and crunch
- Optional: 1/2 cucumber, diced, for a refreshing touch
- Prepare Mangoes: Start by peeling the mangoes. Slice the flesh off the sides, avoiding the central seed. Dice the mango flesh into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Mix Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the diced mangoes, chopped red onion, diced jalapeños, and optional bell pepper or cucumber if you’re using them.
- Seasoning: Drizzle the fresh lime juice over the mixture. Add salt according to your taste and gently stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Incorporate Cilantro: Sprinkle the freshly chopped cilantro over the salsa and fold it in, ensuring an even distribution.
- Chill & Serve: For best flavors, let the salsa chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving. This allows all the flavors to meld together. Serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or as a topping for your favorite dishes.
- If you’re unsure about the heat level, start with one jalapeño and adjust according to your preference.
- Ensure your mangoes are ripe but still firm. Overripe mangoes might make the salsa too mushy, while unripe mangoes won’t provide the desired sweetness.
Fresh Mango Salsa is a vibrant and flavorful addition to any meal. Its combination of sweet mangoes, spicy jalapeños, tangy lime, and aromatic cilantro promises a mouthful of excitement with every bite. Whether you’re hosting a summer BBQ, a taco night, or just looking for a zesty snack, this salsa won’t disappoint!