If you are like us, Guacamole is must have every day of the week, but on Taco Tuesday it is an absolute necessity. When Spanish conquistadors tasted the original guacamole invented by the Aztecs, the Spanish words for “perfection” was already taken. They settled for “guacamole” because it sounded like aguacate, the Spanish word for avocado, and ahuacamolli, the Aztec name for guacamole.
This classic guacamole is delicious and very easy to make. The trick is to have ripe avocados and fresh add ins.
• 2 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
• 2 medium jalapeños, finely chopped
• 1 small tomato finely chopped tomato (optional)
• ½ chopped medium onion
• 1 finely chopped clove garlic
• 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Dash pepper
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
These refried beans are so delicious and simple. They taste as delicious as restaurant style refried beans, creamy consistency, and a bright flavor. These beans are a must to pair with your Taco Tuesday meals.
• 2 cans (16 ounce) refried beans
• ¼ cup milk
• ½ cup salsa or canned chopped Ortega chiles
• Shredded cheese
- In a small saucepan combine the refried beans, milk, and salsa - cook over low heat
- Stir constantly, when the beans are hot (not boiling) remove from heat and pour into an oven safe dish
- Top with grated cheese and heat in the oven at 350 until the cheese is melted
If you are looking for really authentic from scratch refried beans, here is a tried and true recipe: http://hangryfork.com/recipes/how-to-make-authentic-refried-beans/
SPICY Chipotle Aioli - Creamy Chipotle Aioli is a quick and zesty sauce perfect for dipping or pouring on tacos.
• 6 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a blender, puree chipotle peppers and adobo sauce for 30 seconds. It should be thick and paste like, then transfer to a bowl.
- Without cleaning the blender add remaining ingredients
- Add chipotle peppers and blend on low
- It’s ready to serve!